This will require the systems to be offline, while we (Elevate Team), UCS IT Services, and Blackboard make the final changes. The timings for the final stage are outlined below, however, the headline news is
Wolsey & LearnUCS will not be available between 6.00 AM and approximately 13.00 (1 PM) on Monday 6th August, 2012.
The downtime is due to us having to archive, migrate, restore and test about 30 modules which have been using Wolsey for online submission during the week starting 30th July. After this process has been completed, Blackboard are required to run two critical updates to re-map student submitted work to the Gradebook and SafeAssign.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but it is the best way to minimise the downtime given the need to coordinate work across three teams.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Implementation Plan: Monday 6th August
- Elevate: Remove login to Wolsey & LearnUCS
- Elevate: Archive list of changed courses since 30th July
- Elevate: Transfer to Blackboard
- Blackboard: Start restoring
- ITS: Re-direct the tab in MyUCS to holding announcement / page
- ITS: roll out the URL redirect from wolsey.ucs.ac.uk to learn.ucs.ac.uk
By 12.00 (midday)
- Blackboard: Complete restore
- Elevate: Sign off
- Elevate: Give go ahead to Blackboard runs scripts
- Blackboard: Run Gradebook Script
- Blackboard: Start SafeAssign re-mapping