The current situation is,
- The SafeAssign tool is not available in LearnUCS.
- All submission of assignments in LearnUCS will be managed (as previously planned) using the LearnUCS Assignment Tool
The first point to make is the work submitted to SafeAssign has not been deleted, and it can be retrieved.
So who should staff talk to about online submission at UCS?
- If you are arranging a new student submission point or re-open a submission point you need to talk to your Course Administrator. Their role is changing to include the administration of online submission. They will set the submission point up, and discuss how to manage the process.
- If you need to access student work submitted to SafeAssign in Wolsey, you need to talk to your Course Administrator. They (or a member of Academic Support) will be able to download the assignments, and forward to you for marking.
- If your wish to upload student feedback files to LearnUCS for work students have submitted you need to talk to your course administrator who will support you through the creation of area in LearnUCS gradebook and uploading the files.
- If you need to access previous plagiarism reports please contact your Course Administrator.
The Elevate Team are working closely with the Academic Support Team to standardise the processes and ensure the above works.
The shifting role of the Course Administrator for online submission, and the move away from using SafeAssign as a direct submission tool and towards using the Assignment Tool as the longer term solution has been agreed previously and been discussed at the Learning, Teaching and Assessment Group. The current situation with Safe Assign has meant we’ve accelerated this plan from September 2012 to August 2012.
If you do have any questions, although we have suggested you contact your Course Administrator, please do email the Elevate Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.