The work is strongly influenced by the Digital Literacy initiatives at other UK HEIs. In particular, the JISC funded SeePoD project at the University of Plymouth (http://technologyenhancedlearning.net/seedpod/).
The programme provides face to face events (workshops, masterclasses, drop in surgeries), with online sessions (courses, webinars, faqs) with the intention of providing both breadth and depth for learners.
The underlying learning design for the online digital literacy programme is;
- Effective learning requires the inclusion of all learning models, with particular importance on social (situated - communities of practice) learning
- Effective online learning requires the student to be active within the process
- Effective online learning is driven through effective individual feedback
- e-Portfolios for the reflective practitioner
- Introduction to the LearnUCS (blackboard) quiz engine
For background information of the Digital Literacy Programme, see