This will involve taking a copy of the last two years worth of material on Wolsey, and moving it to the new hosting service provided by Blackboard. Once the material is moved across it will need to be restored and checked. Overall, we are expecting this to take about 4 to 5 days. Therefore, during the week commencing the 30th July, we would suggest you view Wolsey as read only servive. Given we will copy the material at the start of the week, and the expectation is for the new version to be released over the following weekend, any changes you make to your VLE courses from the 29th July will not automatically come across.
However, to re-assure those using Wolsey during this week, it will still be available for you and your students to complete their online learning activities. The process we have in place is for those who are using the service over the week is to inform us asap and we'll arrange to manually migrate your material at an agreed time. Therefore, you'll have some control over the process, and it will minimise disruptions to your teaching and learning.
From discussion with Academic Support we are aware and working with the Course Administrators for the following courses:
- Pre Reg Nursing: submission of work during 30th July & 5th August
- SCPHN– Community programmes and standalone modules: Re-submissions on 3rd August.
- Prep for Mentorship: Re-submissions on 1st August
The following steps will limit the likelihood of your material not being transferred to the new version.
- Ensure your courses are up to date by the 26th July.
- If you are using Wolsey during the week starting the 30th July for critical activities, such as student submission of work, entering student grades, online marking or comments from external examiners, you need to complete the following form to request we manually migrate your courses at the end of the week (http://bit.ly/learnUCScoursecopy)
If you have any questions about the upgrade and migration project please email us at email@example.com
The current timetable is available below (you might want to view using the Agenda option)