- Author: Andy Ramsden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Date: 6th December, 2010
- Technical Keyword: Clickers, Classroom Technologies,
- Learning Keyword: Feedback
The aim of this How to Guide is to describe how to set up the audience response system in the teaching space and provide advice for you post the teaching event.
Step 1: At the start
* Start the computer
* Plug in USB receiver
* Open Up turning point software
* Open up PowerPoint (with questions)
* Click on Reset option on the task bar and select session
* Start Slideshow
* Minimize the smart board software (right Hand side of display screen) if you aren't using the symposium tools
Step 2: At the end of the teaching event
* When you have finished the lecture save the PowerPoint with a new name. Perhaps upload it to your course in Wolsey so students can revisit it later
* Close the turning point software ... You are recommended to save the session date (so you can run further reports if required). Save this to your desktop, and store the file later
* Collect the clickers and the USB receiver
The Timer will display on your powerpoint slide. Move this display, and to change the duration (seconds) double click on the timer and enter the time you’d like.
- For more information on how you might use this technology to enhance the student learning experience please contact us via email email@example.com.
- TurningPoint provide a large number of accessible support videos. These are available from: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/responsesystemsupport/producttraining/onlinetutorials/
- To booking form for the clickers is available from, http://tinyurl.com/ucsclickers
Creative Commons & Open Educational Resources
The Enhancing Learning Through Technology Team embrace open educational resources. Therefore, this resource is available under the following Creative Common License.
- Permanent Link (URL)
- Permanent Link (Word Doc) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12497737/ELLT%20HTG/Setup%20for%20clickers%20in%20classroom%20HCT002.doc
- Resource ID: HCTC001