- Author: Andy Ramsden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Date: 22nd December, 2010
- Technical Keyword: Clickers, Classroom Technologies,
- Learning Keyword: Feedback
The aim of this How to Guide is to describe how to set up a way of tracking the student and the response device for your classroom interactions. For instance, you might set a test where you want to give individual feedback and monitor progress. In this situation anonymous responses are adequate. The solution is to use Participant Registration Tool. Given the set up time in class, I’d suggest this would work very well for small numbers. For large numbers (say above 30) please contact the ELEVATE Team to discuss potential strategies.
Step 1: watch the screencast video by TurningPoint
Step 2: Implementation suggestions
From a practical perspective, design in time for the following;
- Create your participation list beforehand and save to your desktop.
- Get into the lecture room a few minutes beforehand for the set up
- Contact the ELEVATE Team to walk through the process beforehand
- For more information on how you might use this technology to enhance the student learning experience please contact us via email email@example.com.
- TurningPoint provide a large number of accessible support videos. These are available from: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/responsesystemsupport/producttraining/onlinetutorials/
- To booking form for the clickers is available from, http://tinyurl.com/ucsclickers
Creative Commons & Open Educational Resources
The Enhancing Learning Through Technology Team embrace open educational resources. Therefore, this resource is available under the following Creative Common License.
- Permanent Link (URL)
- Permanent Link (Word Doc)
- Resource ID: HCTC003