File names for online submissions
When submitting assignments via the online submission area please use the following naming conventions:
- Keep file and folder names short, but meaningful.
- Avoid unnecessary repetition and redundant words in file names and file paths.
- Do not include spaces, use capital letters to delimit words.
- If using a date in the file name always state the date ‘back to front’, and use four digit years, two digit months and two digit days: YYYYMMDD.
- When including a personal name in a file name give the family name first followed by the initials.
- Avoid using common words such as ‘draft’ or ‘letter’ at the start of file names, unless doing so will make it easier to retrieve the record.
- Avoid using non-alphanumeric characters in file names.