The features I like, include:
- Very simple to use, no learning curve
- Creation of unlimited private Mind Maps
- Free, it is an extension in Google Chrome
- Integrates with Google Drive, to allow storage and sharing
- Some very nice collaboration tools, It looks like very exciting opportunities for online, real time collaboration, which can be enhanced with Google Hangouts
This suits my workflow, as I log into Google Chrome for a number of extensions (screencastify, chromecast, and Diigo). So including with the extensions is really useful. It also works fine on our UCS Domain Machines.
It does open up an obvious classroom based learning opportunity for small groups and tutorials. The lecturer will be able to easily collect ideas through the Mind Map from the group, and post session include a link to the map within their LearnUCS Module.
So, if you are interested in exploring the potential of mindmaps, and you have a Google Account ... MindMups might be perfect for you :-)
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org